The following terms and conditions are obligatory for each user that uses or receives services from the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications. The user agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use every time the user accesses the application. Oral History Initiative urges users to read these Terms and Conditions of Use very carefully.
Rights and responsibilities of use
The users of the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications are obliged to responsibly use its content (video, audio and text) within the framework of all applicable laws and obligations, including these Terms and Conditions of Use. Content provided by the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications also contains copyrighted material and is protected under all relevant intellectual property laws. Oral History Initiative reserves the right to take legal action against any party that violates these Terms and Conditions of Use and its intellectual property rights.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications invites users to contribute by providing an opportunity to submit, post, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material. Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions users transmit will not be published prior to review by Oral History Initiative’s researchers. We may accept, reject, or remove Contributions in our sole discretion.
When the user creates or makes available any Contributions, the user thereby represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of user’s Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights of any third party, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of such party.
- The user prior to submitting any data is the creator and/or owner of the Contributions, or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorize Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications and other users of the application to use user’s Contributions in any manner contemplated by the application and these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The user has a written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications and these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The user’s Contributions is not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- The user’s Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- The user’s Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable.
- The user’s Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- The user’s Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- The user’s Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- The user’s Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- The user’s Contributions do not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use, or any applicable law or regulation.
Any use of the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications in violation of the foregoing representations substantially and materially violates these Terms and Conditions of Use and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of the user’s rights to use the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks application.
Apple and Android Devices
The following terms apply when the user downloads the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications from either the Apple Store or Google Play: (1) the license granted to you for the application is a non-transferable license to use the application on a device that utilizes the Apple iOS or Android operating systems, as applicable, and in accordance with the usage rules set forth in the applicable App Distributor’s terms of service; (2) we are responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application as specified in the terms and conditions of this mobile application license contained in these Terms and Condition of Use or as otherwise required under applicable law, and you acknowledge that each App Distributor has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application; (3) in the event of any failure of the mobile application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the applicable App Distributor, and the App Distributor, in accordance with its terms and policies, may refund the purchase price, if any, paid for the mobile application, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Distributor will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the mobile application; (4) you acknowledge and agree that the App Distributors are third-party beneficiaries of the terms and conditions of the license contained in these Terms and Condition of Use, and that each App Distributor will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these terms and conditions against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
The Oral History Initiative collects stories from narrators of all walks of life, and are not transferable to third parties. The content of the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks application is produced by Oral History Initiative in collaboration with the interviewees, and as such, it is considered a joint production under applicable Copyright Laws.
All content is protected as intellectual property and may not be used without Oral History Initiative’s consent. The user may quote video interview transcripts as needed for scholarly work or non-commercial research, reviews (published works only), or current news reporting (not with photographs) or similar professional work. The foregoing does not provide permission to copy an entire work for any reason, and in all cases, the user must attribute and acknowledge Oral History Initiative.
Life-stories shared by our speakers are considered and treated as personal. Nonetheless they intersect with histories of localities which Oral History Initiative researches. For this and other reasons, under no circumstances can they be used without permission or misused in any form.
Oral History Initiative does not grant nonexclusive license. Non exclusive licence entails granting another party rights to make use of Oral History Initiative intellectual property without transferring copyright to that party.
Any copy, transmission, publication, reproduction or any other use of videos, photographs or texts of the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications without Oral History Initiative’s permission is prohibited. Oral History Initiative reserves the right to take legal action against any party that violates these Terms and Conditions of Use or its intellectual property rights.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
By accessing the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications, the user submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Kosovo for any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Condition of Use.
The content of the Pristina Walks & Janjevo Walks applications is under the judicial protection of the Law on Copyright and Related Rights of the Republic of Kosovo and the Criminal Code of the Republic of Kosovo, regulating violation of copyrights. In accordance with these laws, Oral History Initiative reserves the right to take legal action against any user that violates these terms and conditions and the law.
Under Article 181 of the Law on Copyright and Related Rights of the Republic of Kosovo, in case of any violation of rights, Oral History Initiative may raise claims for finding the evidence of the violation, for prohibiting the continuation of the act of violation and/or for the recovery of material or non-material damages.
Violation of Copyright will also be punished as a criminal offence, by fines and/or imprisonment, in accordance with the Criminal Code of the Republic of Kosovo, Article 296. Whoever does not respect the Copyrights in the content of this application, by using it without Oral History Initiative’s consent will be punished by a fine or imprisonment for up to one (1) year.
The users are obliged to respectfully use the content of the application and refrain from unlawful acts, such as publication without quoting the source, because that is considered misuse of data and information. Compliance with these Terms and Condition of Use and all applicable laws, regulations and rules connected to the provided services is mandatory.